Marketo for Intermediates
Access to self-paced online Adobe Marketo Engage training for Intermediates, including mentoring and support by certified consultants. Price is per person.
Access: Self-paced Duration: 7 days Difficulty: Intermediate
- 10 video demos
- 18 step-by-step tutorials
- 6 quizzes
- 4 real-world skill checks
- Payment by invoice available
What you'll learn
With fundamentals of Marketo Engage mastered, in our Marketo for Intermediates online course, you’ll learn the things a Marketo Pro needs to know.
- Use Tokens to dramatically cut campaign build time
- Use Filters & Triggers to target the right people and increase conversions
- Run A/B tests to optimise your results
- Understand how the lead database really works
- Discover how SFDC and Marketo work together
- Run more sophisticated smart campaigns that get better results in less time
- Deliver reports that tell the story your stakeholders need to hear
Become a Marketo pro in just 13 modules
Build campaigns faster
Learn how to use Tokens to mass update assets with just a few clicks.
- Build campaigns faster with Tokens
- Learn the different types of Tokens and when to use them
- Discover 70+ common person and company Tokens you should know about
Optimise your campaigns for conversions
A/B testing is the gift that keeps on giving. Because A/B tests reveal insights that make your future campaigns more successful.
- Get a step-by-step guide for running A/B tests on your emails and landing pages
- Get recommendations for what to test and how long
- Assignment: Build an Email Send A/B test and get expert feedback on your work
Master campaign personalisation
Learn how Dynamic Segmentation and Content actually work to personalise your campaigns and get better results.
- Create dynamic segments and apply dynamic content
- Quickly personalise assets by company, demographic or behavior
- Assignment: Create a dynamic segment and get expert feedback on your work
Understand how the lead database works
This module demystifies the lead database so you can quickly target the right audience for each campaign – every time.
- Save yourself hours by building pre-configured audiences
- Use exclusion lists to ensure you never send campaigns to the wrong contacts
- Clean the data that’s throwing off your team’s analytics
Save yourself hours of work each month
It’s time to learn some top automation tips to get Marketo to do your work for you!
- Build Exclusion Lists that save you hours each month
- Get more sophisticated with Categories, Filters and Constraints
- Ensure your campaigns go to the right audience
Make updates on the fly
See how you can quickly update lead details to ensure your campaigns go to everyone they’re supposed to (and no one they aren’t)!
- View and change information about each lead in your database
- Discover the 25 actions you can take at lead level
- Troubleshoot when leads are or aren’t receiving campaigns
Cut hours of manual work from your week
Learn to use Marketo’s advanced functions to build assets once and reuse them over and over.
If you want to build more personalised campaigns in less time, this module is for you!
- Save yourself hours of work each month with Global Assets
- Use Snippets to improve your segmentation and personalisation
- Use Snippets to save yourself time
Convert more leads by building better forms
Get to grips with one of Marketo’s most popular advanced features: Progressive Profiling. Convert more leads by capturing lead data over the course of the customer journey.
- Make forms look and behave the way you need them to
- Build user-friendly forms that capture data in the right format
- Build logic into your forms to give each lead the right experience
Run more sophisticated campaigns. Get more impressive results.
Get more sophisticated with Smart Campaigns and deliver more leads and revenue — without adding a minute to your workday.
- Build and automate Trigger Campaigns to best practice standards (This might be the most important thing you’ll learn on this course!)
- Quickly standardise your data for accurate reports
- Assignment: Build a trigger-based sales alert email and get expert feedback on your work
Understand how Marketo and Salesforce work together
Understand the fundamentals of how Marketo and Salesforce work together.
What syncs? When? In both directions? Or just one way?
- How CRM syncing works
- The key differences between campaigns in Marketo and Salesforce
- Assignment: Build a scalable sales alert for an event and get expert feedback on your work
Find the right report for the story you want to tell
Learn more about Marketo reporting so you can tell the right story and demonstrate your campaign performance in the right way.
- Discover the six most useful reports and how to use them
- Build meaningful reports that tell a story
- Use Period Costs to see ROI
Get a clear overview of your organisation’s campaigns
In marketing coordination is key. In this module you’ll learn that Marketo’s Marketing Calendar has all the answers.
- How the Marketo Marketing Calendar works
- The four types of entries you can use
- How to make quick changes with drag and drop
Become an expert-approved Marketo pro
Put your new skills to the test – from A/B testing to performance reports! Build a campaign and see how far you’ve come in such a short time.
- Prove that you’re now a Marketo pro
- See where you have opportunities to improve your skills
- Get 1-2-1 feedback and guidance from experts
Harness the power of Marketo
When you’re a Marketo pro you can…
- Run campaigns that bring in more leads and revenue
- Spend less time building things from scratch
- Quickly target the ideal audience for each campaign
- Understand how the technology actually works instead of just going through the motions
- Run more sophisticated, optimised campaigns that produce outsized results
- Get 1 step closer to passing your Marketo Certification
- Build reports that tell the right stories with data
- Develop in-demand skills that marketing teams are desperate for
- Deliver results that prove to your boss that you’re indispensable
We do one thing: help marketers get more value out of Marketo
As consultants for companies like Allianz, Capita, McGraw Hill, we’ve seen it all. We’ve navigated every Marketo challenge you can imagine (and then some).
And we’ve helped our clients grow their ROI by millions of dollars.
Now we’re bringing you the same skills and techniques we use every day – so you don’t have to learn our hard-won lessons the long way.
What our students say
“JTF Marketing’s training saved me from a lot of problems and wasted time. It showed me what to pay attention to so that I don’t mess up.
It also taught me much faster and easier ways to use the tool. I can’t remember how many times I said, ‘wait — you can do it like that?’
Now I’m looking forward to building on my Marketo skills and becoming more and more of an expert.”
Marketing Manager, Mcgraw Hill Education
“JTF Marketing helped me gain the knowledge and confidence with Marketo Engage I needed to get promoted.
I was working as a CRM Manager, but now I’m the Head of Marketing Automation for one of the world’s largest independent investment firms.”
Head of Marketing Automation, Financial Services Company
Frequently asked questions
YouTube videos aren’t efficient or effective for long-term skill development:
- You won’t know if you’re learning best practices or clunky workarounds
- You won’t have the thorough understanding you need to feel confident running advanced campaigns
- You won’t get feedback from experts, leaving you to guess whether or not you’re doing things properly
Good thinking. To help get your employer on board, you can download this course syllabus to show them the skills you’ll develop.
Here’s what you get when you buy the Marketo for Intermediates course:
- 13 modules to improve on your basic Marketo knowledge
- 10 demos where experts show you how to use the features you’re studying
- 18 step-by-step tutorials that break best practice processes down into steps
- 6 quizzes to ensure you understand the material before you move on
- 4 expert-reviewed skill checks that put your new knowledge to the test
No, the two certifications demonstrate different levels of expertise. Being a Marketo Certified Professional (MCP) means that you’re comfortable using Marketo’s everyday features and understand its uses in automating your marketing. The MCP exam is aimed at marketing professionals with 2-3 months’ experience of Marketo Engage.
The Marketo Certified Expert exam covers a much deeper understanding and more practical experience of Marketo, averaging about 1-2 years of hands-on use. It will test you on more complex campaign management tools, analytics, and operational features.
Got questions?Speak to an expert
Meet your trainers
Adam’s clients call him “Mr Nice Guy” because he does whatever it takes to make sure their needs are met.
Adam’s background in marketing and his deep CRM expertise allows him to help clients with a broad range of challenges – even beyond Marketo.
Alba Clarigues Abel
Alba hails from sunny Spain, leading training and service delivery for our Spanish-speaking clients.
Having started off in marketing, she brings that knowledge and experience to her current work as a consultant. Alba loves working with Marketo Engage nearly as much as she loves her dog!