Access to self-paced online Adobe Marketo Engage training for Beginners, including mentoring and support by certified consultants. Price is per person.
Access: Self-paced Duration: 7 days Difficulty: Beginner
- 9 video demos
- 7 step-by-step tutorials
- 8 quizzes
- 4 real-world skill checks
What you'll learn
This self-paced, skills-based course will have you running campaigns with confidence in as little as 7 days.
- Send email campaigns
- Understand best practice standards
- Segment your database
- Utilise smart campaigns
- Build forms
- Launch landing pages quickly
- Understand your ROI with cost periods
- Master the fundamentals of reporting
- Build events and webinars
- Get your skills reviewed by an expert
Master your fundamental Marketo skills in 10 modules
Master the fundamentals of email marketing
This module will help you look at Marketo as a tool that allows you to automate manual work, rather than an obstacle that makes work harder.
- Demystify the Marketo interface and jargon
- Understand how Marketo tracks the customer journey
- Learn the three basic asset types you’ll use again and again
- Save yourself hours of manual work with Smart Lists, Smart Campaigns and Cloning
Create programs to best practice standards
Every Marketo user worries about making big, public mistakes. This module will help you put those concerns to rest.
- Discover the “no fail” way to send an email that we’ve been using for years
- Best practices for naming your programs
- How to use tokens to personalise your programs
- Skill check: Build an email program based on a brief. We’ll review your work and give you feedback. So you know you’re building programs the right way.
How to use Smart Lists to save yourself hours of manual work
Learn how to use Smart Lists that will reduce time wasted on manual work.
- Create segments and reports faster with smart lists
- Use Smart List Rule Logic to quickly segment your audience
- Get step-by-step best practices for formatting static lists
- Skill check: Format and upload a list to best practice standards. We’ll review your work and give you feedback.
How to run Smart Campaigns like an expert
Smart Campaigns drive all activities in Marketo. Using Smart Campaigns you’ll find it easy to target the correct audience.
- Run a Smart Campaign
- Learn the three main components of a Smart Campaign
- Drag and drop Filters and Triggers to segment your audience by behavior and the data in your CRM
- Check your audience segmentation (so you don’t send it to the wrong people)
- Learn shortcuts to build Smart Campaigns faster
- Skill check: Build a smart campaign. We’ll check your work and give you feedback.
Build forms to best practice standards
Make your forms look and behave the exact way you need them to.
- Add form fields
- Edit your form’s style and apply themes
- Understand the crucial difference between display values and stored values
- Use logic to dynamically display additional fields
- Use hidden fields and UTMs to track leads through the customer journey
Build best practice landing pages quickly
Save time by building landing pages ‘the right way’. Plus learn how to optimise your landing pages so more people find them.
- Use modular templates to quickly customise your landing page
- Best practices for editing HTML
- Add forms to your landing pages
- Maintain brand consistency on your landing pages
- Understand the difference between free-form and Guided Landing Pages
- Optimise your page for SEO
Ensure accurate reporting with Period Costs
Learn how to use Period Costs to predict and prove the return on your marketing efforts.
- See how Period Costs help your team prove their contribution to the business
- Learn the simple way to add Period Costs, so your stakeholder’s reports are accurate
- Understand which costs you should include and exclude
Master the fundamentals of reporting
What’s the point of a campaign with great results if you don’t have the right reports to prove it?
- Get an overview of the different reports available
- Build and save reports for specific programs
- Create reports faster with Smart Lists
- Export reports into other formats
- Customise list views so reports look the way you want them to
- Create subscriptions to share reports with your stakeholders
Build events and webinars to best practice standards
This module shows you how to build events to best practice standards. With some time-saving tips and tricks to cut out manual work.
- Learn the three main components you need to build a Smart Campaign
- Understand best practices to add and organise your assets
- Use Cloning to build events faster
- Build Smart Campaigns within your event
- Plan a sequence of emails with follow ups and reminders
- Use Smart Lists to keep an updated list of attendees
- Learn the right way to build an event for accurate reporting
- Get expert tips, tricks and things to look out for
Get your fundamental Marketo skills reviewed by an expert
Module 10 is a skill check that puts all your new knowledge to the test.
In this module you’ll build a webinar event based on a real-life scenario. You’ll create emails, landing pages, forms and reports — all the pieces you need to launch a real program.
We’ll review your work and provide expert 1-2-1 feedback.
With Marketo Fundamentals mastered, you’ll be ready to run real campaigns with confidence!
Is Marketo Fundamentals right for me?
Marketo Fundamentals is a beginner’s introduction to Marketo. It’s perfect for you if:
- You want to run campaigns with confidence in as little as 7 days.
- You are new to Marketo and want to use it correctly from day one.
- You want to develop your Marketo skills to fast-track your career.
- You often wonder “Am I doing this right?”
- You want to get your fundamental skills checked by experts.
What our students say
“JTF Marketing’s training saved me from a lot of problems and wasted time. It showed me what to pay attention to so that I don’t mess up.
It also showed me much faster and easier ways to use the tool. I can’t remember how many times I said, ‘wait — you can do it like that?’
Now I’m looking forward to building on my Marketo skills and becoming more and more of an expert.”
Marketing Manager, Mcgraw Hill Education
“JTF Marketing helped me gain the knowledge and confidence with Marketo Engage I needed to get promoted.
I was working as a CRM Manager, but now I’m the Head of Marketing Automation for one of the world’s largest independent investment firms.”
Head of Marketing Automation, Large International Financial Services Company
There are three ways this training helps you run campaigns with confidence that other courses don’t:
1. Structure: Other courses will give you snippets of knowledge, but there’s no structure to help you master each skill. Marketo Fundamentals is not only structured to help you master the basics – it’s also self-paced. That means you can return to it over and over, and apply it to your day-to-day work.
2. True expertise: Marketo is all we do. Every day we help people like you make the most of Marketo. We’ve seen hundreds of different instances and hundreds of different challenges. We’ve earned every Marketo battle scar we have.
3. Feedback: Other courses can tell you what to do. Only Marketo Fundamentals can tell you if you’re doing it right.
The training is self-paced, so it’s entirely up to you. If you work on it each day, you can finish it in a week. Even at a slower pace, most students finish the course within 1 month.
Many students get their employers to pay for this training. To help you start this conversation, download a PDF with the course syllabus.
There are two things you’ll want to check to ensure you get the most out of this training:
- That your Marketo instance has Modular Email Templates (this feature is necessary for building emails to best practice standards… and making your work faster and easier)
- That your Marketo instance has Guided Landing pages (again, to ensure best practice standards)
Technical skills are not a prerequisite for this course. If you have the willingness to learn and a pinch of curiosity, then you have everything you need to take this course.
Once you’ve mastered the fundamentals covered in the training, we have no doubt that you’ll feel completely confident building and running your campaigns.
Here’s what you get when you buy our Marketo Fundamentals course:
- 10 modules that build your foundational Marketo skills set
- 10 demos where experts show you how to build programs, reports, etc.
- 7 tutorials that break best practice processes down into steps
- 8 quizzes to ensure you understand the material before you move on
- 4 expert-reviewed skill checks that put your new knowledge to the test
You learn best by doing – not just watching someone else. That’s why we recommend this training only if you have access to Marketo at your company. When you build your skill checks in Marketo, you’ll want to create a test folder where you can practice your skills.
Got questions?Speak to an expert
Meet your trainers
Adam’s clients call him “Mr Nice Guy” because he does whatever it takes to make sure their needs are met.
Adam’s background in marketing and his deep CRM expertise allows him to help clients with a broad range of challenges – even beyond Marketo.
Alba Clerigues Abel
Alba hails from sunny Spain, leading training and service delivery for our Spanish-speaking clients.
Having started off in marketing, she brings that knowledge and experience to her current work as a consultant. Alba loves working with Marketo Engage nearly as much as she loves her dog!