Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) Mock Exam
Feeling confident in your expert Marketo skills, but want to put that knowledge to the test? Our mock exam lets you trial your Marketo know-how and identify any gaps before going on to take the real deal.
Duration: max 150 minutes Difficulty: Expert
- 75 questions
- Online delivery
- 51/75 passing mark
- Available in English only
A head-start getting through your MCE exam
Aimed at Marketo-savvy professionals with 1-2 years’ working experience of Marketo Engage, this mock exam tests all key areas of the platform, from beginner to advanced. It covers the 5 key sections you’ll be assessed on in the real thing.
As well as picking out the correct answer from a selection list for each question, you’ll also be prompted to practice your knowledge and judgement within set Marketo scenarios.
This section checks through your foundation knowledge of Marketo Engage’s core automation and program features. It’ll touch on:
- Smart campaign configuration
- The effect of flow steps on a lead/group
- Program and channel types, and their fit for different marketing activities
- A/B and champion/challenger email testing
- Engagement program setup, population, asset types, and send settings
- Webinar setup, sign-up synchronization, sending access links, and managing attendee data
- Request Campaign flow steps
Targeting and Personalisation
This section may as well be called “all about tokens”! It section tests your knowledge of personalization tools, including:
- The purpose of tokens and how to use them correctly
- Valid local token types
- How inherited tokens operate
- Segmentation vs. multiple smart lists
- Requirements for using dynamic content
Analytics and Reporting
Centred around data management, analysis and admin, this section looks at your skills around Marketo’s built-in analytics tools. Questions will cover:
- Program dashboard types and their components
- Report customization, settings, and using different types of reports
- Requirements for reporting success, acquisition, and ROI correctly
What are your leads doing, and how are you filtering them? This section looks at your proficiency at managing lead data and its progression in Marketo, including:
- Features for determining lead quality, behaviour, and readiness
- Appropriate flow steps if Marketing has an SLA with Sales
- Who should set criteria for lead scoring, and how to reset a score
- Communicating next steps to Sales for a sales-ready lead
Implementation and Operations
This section touches on much of the admin and data-related fine-tuning that makes a Marketo expert stand out from a standard user. This section will test you on:
- The differences between marketo and an email service provider (ESP)
- Use and purpose of munchkin code
- Standardising unstandardised data
- Correct use of operational and non-operational email series for events
- Tools for sending repeated, consistent content across all emails
- The difference between local / global landing pages, and how to change their URLs
- Tokenised scoring, and where to use it
- Text vs. HTML email versions
- Form setup, deployment, visibility, data collection, and progressive profiling
- Defining on which page a form was filled out
- Translating a form field entry into a different database field
- Creating thank you pages that refer to form fill data
- Assigning acquisition statuses to leads
- Defining hard / soft bounces
- Identifying cases for limiting emails received, and for marketing suspend
- Unsubscribe links, opt-ins, and international legal requirements
You’re in the right place! We offer Marketo training that covers everything from beginner level to advanced.
If you’re aiming to become a Marketo expert, we can help you get there. Our expert and complete training library includes the mock exam with access to all the resources, training and mentorship you’ll need to guarantee your success.
If you’ve never had formal training in Marketo Engage, you might be missing crucial knowledge required to be at Marketo Certified Expert level – and checking with a mock first is a more affordable option than an MCE retake!
No, this mock exam – whether you pass or fail – will not have an effect on your official MCE exam result.