MARKETO EMAIL ANDLANDING PAGE TEMPLATES
Marketo email and landing page templates are there to make our lives easier, right? Reality often seems like something else, though, with most marketers (and sometimes their supporting agencies) reverting back to creating a standalone HTML email for every single send or a custom landing page every time, costing thousands in unnecessary development – and way too much time that could be spent on other marketing activities.
“In fact, 49% of companies spend 2 or more weeks producing an email, with a majority of marketers spending 7.5 hours designing, coding, and developing their emails.” (State of Emails Report, Litmus 2018)
Clearly, making emails and landing pages effective and user friendly should be a priority for digital marketers. But they also have to be effective and user friendly for your team to build!
Marketo email templates
You’ve probably already seen Marketo’s “starter” templates, which are native to the email editor within Marketo. They’re pretty basic, but they’re just there to give you some ideas of how a responsive and scalable modular template should work. The problem is that they’re not so simple to customise to your brand look and feel, nor are they built for best practice deliverability.
We have extensive experience of developing multi-purpose, modular Marketo email marketing templates for a range of budgets. What does that mean? It means you can have an email template that actually works, that doesn’t take forever to make simple edits, and that won’t break in different browsers. A modular template allows you to:
- Send similar-looking emails for different brands or products
- Work with different branding guidelines
- Create transactional and automated emails more easily
Technical specifications of our Marketo email templates
- Developed in HTML5 with bootstrap CSS
- Responsive design and development as standard
- Litmus™ tested for email client compatibility
- Free bug fixes for life*
*Subject to terms and conditions
Additional services for Marketo email marketing templates
- Migration of live campaigns to new templates – migrating your live campaigns takes time and rebranding, especially if your emails are non-modular and your campaigns are are “always on.”
- Deliverability testing and optimisation – we’ll check that your emails aren’t getting stuck in spam and help you monitor, optimise, and improve your email marketing campaigns.
- Managed service for Marketo campaign build – our certified experts will help you get campaigns out the door and build best practice campaigns with a quicker turnaround.
- Marketing to the smart inbox – we’ll help you “train” the managed inboxes of your leads by designing emails that will land in your recipients’ primary inbox
Marketo landing page templates
There are two kinds of landing page templates within Marketo (freeform and guided) and the differences between the two are pretty substantial. Freeform templates allow you can drag and drop different page elements all over the page; if you’re no Picasso, it’ll end up looking pretty rubbish and messy as these pages don’t have any structure to them.
If you’re looking to build landing pages which are in-line with your current website and brand guidelines then you need a guided Marketo landing page template. Like Marketo email marketing templates, they can be built utilising modules which can be toggled on and off, allowing marketers and Marketo users to build a custom Marketo landing page with clear containers for content – handy for keeping consistency in your online presence and ensuring best practice for SEO-ready pages.
Marketo landing page or CMS pages?
If the content is valuable, we suggest you embed it onto your CMS using a powerful Marketo form and set it up with best practice lead attribution. It’s easier to optimise and also sits under your top level domain (TLD) rather than your subdomain (i.e. info.jtfmarketing.co). That said, Marketo landing pages can be indexed in Google if you update the meta keywords and descriptions to ensure search engine robots can read the content.
Top 5 Marketo landing page templates
Everyone has different requirements for their landing pages: some are all about keeping it simple, others want full integration to the entire Martech stack and advanced behaviour based on the interactions. That said, the most common Marketo landing page templates are:
- Downloads – focused on capturing a lead in exchange for some valuable content
- Events – driving registrations for your next physical event or webinar
- Announcements – for PR tracking, or general company updates
- Advertising landing pages – to help optimise spend using Marketo’s A/B testing capabilities
- Surveys – like tracking Net Promoter Score (NPS) or event feedback
Marketo template services
Whether you’re looking for a full best practice design or building a template that will be ready to use in Marketo, here is how we work when it comes to Marketo email and landing page template design:
Marketo template cost and timing
The famous questions… and the honest answer is it’s hard for us to say until we understand your requirements and/or see a design of what you require. To give you an idea, templates range from the hundreds to thousands subject to complexity – just let us know your budget for our honest opinion on what is possible. Normally our templates are created within 2-3 weeks, but we also have an express service (1 week) if you need a faster turnaround.