Have a customer database? Keeping track of and properly segmenting your database is very important for all businesses – it’s the only way to effectively take advantage of all that data.
Here’s how to segment your database effectively –
- Get to know your database: Customer demographics is one of the most used techniques for segmentation. Demographic data include sex, age, income, hair colour, education, gender, location etc.
- Know what your prospects and clients do: Digital marketing, makes it possible to know what your customers are doing online. Also, it makes a lot of sense to segment your database based on actions not carried out.
- Know what your database tells you: They say information is power, so find time to know what your clients and prospects are saying, this way, you get a better idea of their needs and can effectively provide solution.
- Group similar clients and prospects: Having a database with 1,000 or 10,000 database names means that at least a few of them will share things in common. Use these similarities to group prospects for marketing. From the data you collect, you can determine common features that’ll give you a lead way on some behaviors e.g. what they buy or sell. So, when you see prospect that’s similar to past or existing clients, you’ll be able to direct their interest.
- Work with technology: With technology (e.g. Marketo) you can easily and quickly brush through huge data volumes to create useful segments in your database. This way, you can target any particular segment of your database anytime.
The advantage of this is fast, reliable and easy assesses to results that will enable you target specific segments in your database anytime.
Segmenting your database is very important for effective marketing, you want to be able to offer your customers only what they want and lumping them together is a sure fire way to not get great results.
There are actually lots of ways to segment your data effectively, but we’ve listed our top 5 above.
Need help segmenting your database? We can help!
Get in touch
Email Marketing: Top 10 Best Practices
Are you looking to boost your email marketing performance? Email marketing can often be one of a...Read More
With Marketo you can now prioritise trigger campaigns
Have you ever experienced a backlog with your triggered campaigns in Marketo? Well, you’re not...Read More
Marketo’s Q3 Release sites big news for the Marketing Automation world
“Marketo launches a new delivery channel for Microsoft Outlook ESP.” Marketo announced some...Read More
5 Reasons to Outsource Marketing Automation
In the competitiveness of today’s business markets, everyone is looking to get the upper hand....Read More
Marketing Automation — It’s All About Customer Experience
You may already know how marketing automation can benefit you as a marketing professional. A...Read More
Marketo Training Session – October
It's official, Summer has ended. That means getting back at it at full force. Perhaps after those...Read More
Adobe buys Marketo for $4.75bn
Adobe's $4.75bn purchase of Marketo is not only great for the future of the product, but are...Read More
Marketing Automation key driver for CMOs
"The main reason banks are downsizing is to save costs in an era of lower profitability. Moves...Read More
Deliver meaningful ROI with Marketo
Research has shown that the use of marketing attribution has been on the up and up since 2016....Read More
Securely Pre-Fill Form on Your Own Web Pages
Everyone hates filling forms, especially web forms – if it’s on a mobile device? Forget it....Read More