Have a customer database? Keeping track of and properly segmenting your database is very important for all businesses – it’s the only way to effectively take advantage of all that data.
Here’s how to segment your data base effectively –
- Get to know your database: Customer demographics is one of the most used techniques for segmentation. Demographic data include sex, age, income, hair color, education, gender, location etc.
- Know what your prospects and clients do: Digital marketing, makes it possible to know what your customers are doing online. Also, it makes a lot of sense to segment your database based on actions not carried out.
- Know what your database tells you: They say information is power, so find time to know what your clients and prospects are saying, this way, you get a better idea of their needs and can effectively provide solution.
- Group similar clients and prospects: Having a database with 1,000 or 10,000 database names means that at least a few of them will share things in common. Use these similarities to group prospects for marketing. From the data you collect, you can determine common features that’ll give you a lead way on some behaviors e.g. what they buy or sell. So, when you see prospect that’s similar to past or existing clients, you’ll be able to direct their interest.
- Work with technology: With technology (e.g. Marketo) you can easily and quickly brush through huge data volumes to create useful segments in your database. This way, you can target any particular segment of your database anytime.
The advantage of this is fast, reliable and easy assesses to results that will enable you target specific segments in your database anytime.
Segmenting your database is very important for effective marketing, you want to be able to offer your customers only what they want and lumping them together is a sure fire way to not get great results.
There are actually lots of ways to segment your data effectively, but we’ve listed our top 5 above. Have any to add? We’d love to hear from you, please list them below.
Adobe buys Marketo for $4.75bn
"Adobe's $4.75bn purchase of Marketo is not only great for the future of the product, but are...Read More
Marketing Automation key driver for CMOs
"The main reason banks are downsizing is to save costs in an era of lower profitability. Moves...Read More
Deliver meaningful ROI with Marketo
Research has shown that the use of marketing attribution has been on the up and up since 2016....Read More
Securely Pre-Fill Form on Your Own Web Pages
Everyone hates filling forms, especially web forms – if it’s on a mobile device? Forget it....Read More
What’s new in Marketo? Spring 18 Q2 Edition
Wondering what’s new in the Spring ’18 release from Marketo? Have a look below at all the...Read More
Why Cross-Channel Selling Is The New ‘Thing’
Things are changing very quickly. Like the movement to connected devices from the conventional...Read More
How To Effectively Segment Your Database
Have a customer database? Keeping track of and properly segmenting your database is very...Read More
Marketo: One Engagement Platform
There was no shortage of product announcements at Marketing Nation 2018, Marketo's annual...Read More
One Month Check-In On GDPR
It’s been one month since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came fully into...Read More
What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is a software that automates marketing actions such as emails, social...Read More